Monday, October 10, 2016

Dancing with the Stars Season 23 Cirque du Soleil Night Part 2

This is why I need to blog DURING the episode. If I wait until later, I get busy, and sometimes the recap doesn't get written. I'm doing better so far this season, and I want to keep it up.

Ryan / Cheryl
Viennese Waltz
So it was kinda boring, and then it was very distracting with the umbrellas. He danced well, I think; I just wasn't blown away. But the judges kind of were. They said it was his best dance.
Scores: 7, 7, 8

Babyface / Allison
Tango
Well, I love the song, so that helped. The spotlight effect was cool. But the camera was so far at times; it was hard to see the dancers. I'm just not impressed with anyone so far tonight. Evidently, the dance was really bad; there were a lot of mistakes. I'm off tonight too.
Scores: 6, 6, 6

Tara / Sasha
Samba
I thought the opening was fantastic! Tara was shaking her booty and she looked very sexy! By the end though, Sasha looked like he was moving too fast for her, and almost dragging her along. But overall, I thought it was a good samba. I'm happy that she's doing well.
Carrie Ann said "You dance beyond your body."
Scores: 9, 8, 8

Laurie / Val
Jazz
FINALLY AN AMAZING PERFORMANCE!!
Incredible!!
I loved everything about it!!
I was a teenager during the first decade of MTV. I remember when Madonna, Michael Jackson, Prince, and metal bands ruled the station. I remember this song and the video - Michael trying to get the hot girl, the sex appeal, the swagger, the humor. This was an outstanding re-interpretation. The extra dancers were not a distraction; they enhanced the performance, and you know I rarely say that. But it all worked here. And it worked because even though there was a group of professional male dancers on the floor, Laurie was front and center, and all eyes were on her. I loved her look, her hair, her sexy fuscia dress, everything. She was fierce!! I completely agree with Bruno: she was the perfect mix of Debbie Allen, Janet Jackson, and Paula Abdul. SHE KILLED IT! And of course Val was far hotter than Michael Jackson could have ever hoped to be, although I'm sure there are people who would disagree with me on that. Michael Jackson invented the moves, but Val has the looks and the body to go with the moves. Anyway, far and away my favorite dance of the season so far.
The first perfect score of the season! Completely deserved!

Vanilla Ice / Whitney
Viennese Waltz
The acrobats were distracting, but I thought it was a solid performance. I can tell he is really working at this and doing his best.
Carrie Ann said he is improved at all levels.
Scores: 8, 7, 8

James / Sharna
I was so busy being irritated that the judges overlooked his time out of hold that I didn't pay enough attention to the dance. Why is Carrie Ann so strict on no lifts but doesn't mark him down for too much time out of hold? None of the judges mentioned that, but I bet Len would have if he had been there. Evidently the dance was good because he earned the second highest score of the night.
Scores: 9, 9, 10

I was sad to see Babyface and Vanilla Ice leave. Babyface had the worst dance of the night, but I don't feel that he is the least successful dancer still in the competition. Same with Vanilla Ice.

librarianintx

No comments: