Thursday, March 03, 2011

Idol Top 24: The Girls

I don't know what it is about the girls this season. They're trying too hard? Trying to be sexy, trying to be cutesy, I don't know. I barely remember any of their names; some of them I don't remember seeing at all. Like some of the guys, the ladies also suffered from poor song choices. I think especially with the ladies, the song choices were bad because they didn't pick a song that fit with their style and/or range. Example: Julie. There was also too much Broadway, which caused Randy to channel Simon more than once.

I've liked Ashton since Hollywood week, but I didn't like her song choice. I also thought she was trying too hard to be sexy.

My best bets for top five are Pia, Thia, and Lauren Alaina. I would also like to see Ashton and Naima make it. Otherwise, I really don't have an opinion. I thought Karen Rodriguez did a decent job with "Hero" and singing part of the song in Spanish is something that's never been done on the Idol stage that I can remember, so kudos to her for that. But does that make her worthy of being Top 12?

librarianintx

No comments: