Thursday, March 17, 2011

Idol: Year of Their Birth

Rough night on Idol for me. I know several of the contestants were sick; some played that up more than others. Sick or not, pitchy was the word of the night.

James, Pia, and Jacob were my top three. I know Jacob went wildly off at least once, but I really like his intensity. I like that song a lot too, and thought it was a bold choice for him. I also liked the dance remix of "Where do broken hearts go" by Pia. James was consistently good in my opinion. I liked his interaction with the audience.

My bottom three is a tough choice; there are many contenders. Thia has a lovely voice but her performance was quite snooze-worthy. Karen is not a strong enough singer to tackle Taylor Dayne. Naima was VERY pitchy. And sick or well...I'm sorry, I just don't get the appeal of Paul's voice. Casey was one of my favorites...and still is for now...but his version of "Smells Like Teen Spirit" was a disaster. It sounded like he was trying to butcher it, like he was mocking the song. It sounded like a joke version, and I don't think it was supposed to.

My prediction for the bottom three: Thia, Karen, and Naima. Hayley may escape the bottom three this week because she was so close to going home last week, and her effort was passable. Maybe. Naima's pitch was really bad, and I'm not sure she has the fan base to keep her out of the bottom three. Casey will not be in the bottom three because his fan base is too big. Paul will probably be okay as well. I predict Karen will go home.

librarianintx

No comments: