Thursday, March 24, 2011

Idol: Motown Nite

Motown Nite is often a hit on Idol, and this year was no exception. I think the Top 11 did Motown proud. At least everyone sang well. But some had better performances than others.

Picking a bottom three this week is going to be very difficult because I think basically everyone did well. My personal bottom three would be Thia, Paul, and Scotty. Paul and Scotty are just not my cup of tea. But I know Scotty is very popular, so he will be safe.

My top three for Motown nite were Jacob, Naima, and James. Jacob and Naima really listened to the judges this week. Jacob was the most restrained he’s ever been, and Naima was able to control her breathing without sacrificing her performance level. Both of them picked very good songs that showed off their strengths. And James is consistently great in my opinion. His song choice was excellent, and I loved how comfortable he was on stage. He got the crowd going before, during, and after the song.

My prediction for bottom three this week are Haley, Thia, and Paul. But honestly, it’s really hard to know. I don’t think Haley belongs in the bottom; I think her lack of a fan base will put her there. If we are strictly judging last night’s performances, I think Thia does belong in the bottom three. She was okay, but not up to the caliber of the other performers. I actually did like Paul last night more than I did the other weeks, but not by much. I think he could be in trouble. Lauren might be too. I think Haley will go home, but if it were up to me I would send Thia home.

Here’s how I would rank the performances last night:
James
Jacob
Naima
Pia
Casey
Haley
Stefano
Lauren
Scotty
Paul
Thia

librarianintx

No comments: