Saturday, November 04, 2023

"Dancing with the Stars" Disney Nite

Sorry, dance fans. 

I was not feeling Disney Nite. 

Once again the enthusiasm was overwhelming while most of the dances were disappointing. 

One team was a clear winner for me. 

A few dances were solid. 

One favorite dropped out of my best dances list, while a new pair slipped in.

Xochitl & Val's Paso Doble to a song from the movie Coco was tops with me and the judges. She was a little smiley for the Paso, but it was crisp, sharp, fast, and entertaining. I am amazed at her ability to inhabit and bring to life every character she is presented with. And her personality and musicality continue to be off the charts. 

The new pairing to make my list of top dances of the week was Lele & Brandon. She definitely listened more to the judges and less to her inner critic. Their Lion King Rumba was very solid. She had good hip action, nice musicality, and chemistry with Brandon. It was wonderful to see her pleased with her performance and proud of herself. 

On the flip side, Jason & Daniella slid out of my list of top dances. His Aladdin-inspired Foxtrot was honestly boring to me, even though I like him, and I love that song. His timing was off and he looked uncomfortable. Hopefully he will bounce back next week.

Two dances were in the good category for me this week: Ariana & Pasha's Contemporary to a song from Frozen 2, and Charity and Artem's Waltz from The Little Mermaid. Ariana looked beautiful, and I felt her emotion during the dance. But I agree with Carrie Ann that she could have done more. She looked slightly tentative for the first time, which took the dance from great to good. Charity and Artem's Waltz was lovely, but I wanted a little more. 

I'm sorry to say that everyone else was disappointing for me. 

Hopefully next week will be better. 

librarianintx


No comments: