Sunday, October 30, 2022

Fourteen Brain-Healthy Foods that Will Help Protect Your Memory and Cognition

From Prevention.com

green leafy vegetables

coffee or tea

poultry

citrus

fatty fish

whole grains

eggs

beans

nuts

olive oil

berries

dark chocolate

raisins

red wine

My thoughts:

Hooray! I like and will eat or drink everything on this list, except coffee and red wine. I already eat whole grains, poultry, eggs, beans, and berries several times a week. I can't chew or swallow nuts well, so I have started eating adding a tablespoon of walnut flour to yogurt. I also use olive oil as my base for homemade Italian dressing, and I am going to start substituting olive oil for butter on my red potatoes. I bought some frozen spinach this past weekend, and I have packets to make green tea. I like salmon a lot, but I don't make it very often. And I like raisins and citrus but don't tend to eat them because they are both high in potassium, and I have to watch my potassium. And dark chocolate - yes please! I eat dark chocolate sugar free pudding sometimes - does that count? 

librarianintx

No comments: