Monday, October 24, 2022

Leslie Jordan

Emmy-award winning TV actor
Film actor
Stage actor
Playwright
Singer
Author
Social Media sensation

Leslie Jordan made the most of his too-brief 67 years on this earth.
His shocking death today has left us bewildered and mourning this comedic talent and lovable personality.

The amazing thing about Leslie was his ability to take the characteristics that could make him the object of ridicule - his effeminate qualities, his short stature, his Southern drawl, and spin it all into comedy gold. Leslie wasn't only a comedic actor. But it will be what he is remembered for. That, and the smiles and comfort he brought to a lonely and sheltered world through his social media presence during the pandemic. 

"I was baptized 14 times. Every time the preacher would say, 'sinners, come forward,' I would say, 'Oooh, I was out in the woods with that boy, I better go forward.'" Leslie Jordan

"Karen Walker...I thought I smelled gin and regret" Beverly Leslie
"Beverly Leslie...if you sat on a phone book, it'd be nice to see you too." Karen Walker

librarianintx 

No comments: