Saturday, October 01, 2022

Self-Care

In August I went to my yearly dermatology appointment. 

My dermatologist, Dr. R., did a mole check and examined the psoriasis on my scalp and the dry skin on my feet.

"Are you using the medications on your scalp and feet?" he asked.

"Occasionally," I reply, squirming a little. "Not as often as I should be."

"How often? He inquired. "Once a week? Less?"

"Less," I admitted.

I didn't want to say that it was much less than that.

How long does it take to slap some cream on my head before I wash my hair, and do the same with my feet (a different cream) before I put my socks on?

I am not good at developing habits.

I am not consistent. 

But since that appointment I have started "self-care Saturdays." Every Saturday morning I treat my scalp before I get in the shower, and I treat my feet when I get out of the shower.

Once a week isn't enough.

But it's a start.

I've only missed one Saturday so far, so I did a "self-care Sunday" that week.

librarianintx 

No comments: