Sunday, October 10, 2021

Week 3 - Britney Nite!

It's Britney Nite, bitch!

Even though the show didn't use Britney's actual music (sucks, but I understand the money involved), I still thoroughly enjoyed the episode. LOL for Tyra rocking the Britney looks (and Witney!).

Two transformative dances:

1) Olivia Jade & Val: She's been very good so far this season, but this dance was NEXT LEVEL! How did she only get 8's for this Tango? Tragic! This dance had everything - excitement, musicality, passion, chemistry, did I mention that she and Val were all kinds of HOT?!?! I loved every second of this routine and have watched it repeatedly. 

2) Melora & Artem - Okay, I understand that Melora's breakdown in the video before the dance made the routine look even better, but c'mon, she was great in this Cha Cha! She was on point, radiant, and had great hip action and leg extension. Artem's choreography was perfectly in sync with the music. 

Two continued standouts:

1) Amanda & Alan - Yes, Amanda CAN do Latin! Her musicality is off the chart, and I love how happy and seemingly carefree she is when she dances. 

2) JoJo & Jenna - A groundbreaking Argentine Tango, and these two ladies did not disappoint. I think it is fascinating that JoJo, the celebrity, takes the lead in these dances, and she succeeds! The lifts were great, and I was pleased to see nice body contact. 

Two dances that were not the best but I enjoyed the hell out of them:

1) Jimmie & Emma - Okay, it was a little too hip hop for a Salsa, but it worked for me. Very entertaining, and I thought the lifts were good (raspberry to Carrie Ann and Len). I loved his hot pink outfit too. Yay Bruno for giving this dance an 8!

2) The Miz & Witney - The Miz's hips could have been better in this Salsa, but likely only Len was looking at his hips - the rest of us were oggling his chest (close your mouth and find your chair, Bruno). The lifts were very exciting, his partnering skills were strong, and yeah...his chest again. 

When it comes to the bottom two, I agree with Len - I would have saved Christine & Pasha. But it's a tough season; everyone is good now that Martin has left (sorry Martin).

librarianintx

No comments: