Monday, October 18, 2021

Madonna

Yesterday I watched Madonna's new concert film "Madame X." 

I am not familiar with her newer music. 

What really impresses me about Madonna is how she is constantly evolving. 

Some artists make the same genre of music for decades. 

I'm not saying there's anything wrong with that. 

Some people prefer to stay in their own lane. 

And they still make good music that people enjoy.  

But I like that Madonna is always changing and growing. She has learned how to play the guitar, and recently, the piano. She collaborates with many different singers and musicians. She has her finger on the pulse of what's hot at the moment, or she invents the newest craze. Remember when her "country glam" style shocked us? She rocked a cowboy hat before Lady Gaga (no shade at Gaga, she is one of my favorite humans).

My favorite parts of the concert were her Malawi and Portuguese-inspired numbers. Four of her children are from Malawi. She was living in Lisbon at the time the concert was filmed to support her son David's passion for soccer. She sang a Fado song during the show. Fado is a genre of music that originated in Lisbon in the early 19th century. As Madonna learns about various cultures and incorporates them into her music and her stage performances, she in turn educates as well as entertains her fans. I learned about Fado because I watched the Madonna concert. 

 librarianintx

 

 


No comments: