Thursday, December 13, 2018

Dancing with the Stars news

It has now been confirmed that "Dancing with the Stars" will not be a part of  the ABC Spring 2019 lineup.

The show has been on two seasons per year for the past several years, although Spring of 2018 was an abbreviated, five week "Athletes edition" of the show.

No reason was given for the hiatus, but many are speculating that Bobby Bones' controversial win has something to do with the decision.
We may never know for sure.

"Dancing with the Stars" is one of my favorite shows, so part of me is sad. I look forward to the show every season, even if I don't know some of the contestants when they are first announced. I enjoy the dancing, the music, and watching people learn how to do something new and often conquer fears and insecurities along the way. 

However, I must admit that another part of me is experiencing some measure of relief. The show is a big time commitment - sometimes two episodes per week, plus constructing recaps, other blog postings, and occasional voting. I have many other shows that I watch, plus I'm in book clubs and endeavoring to find more social outlets. One less show, especially a show that takes up more of my time, will be helpful this spring.

At least I don't have to worry about cancellation -
At least I don't think I do.

I'm already mourning the approaching series finale of "Big Bang Theory."
Please don't cancel "Dancing with the Stars," ABC.
It would be too much for me.
A hiatus is okay...maybe even a good thing, but please don't cancel it. 

librarianintx

No comments: