Tuesday, October 16, 2018

Dancing with the Stars Season 27 Trios Nite Recap Part 1

I love me some trios! Here we go dance fans!

1) Juan Pablo / Cheryl / Melissa Rycroft
Cha Cha
At times the dance was very sexy and sultry, and at times the chemistry felt off - too forced - and they were out of sync at times too. The back flip also didn't go very well. So it was a back and forth kind of routine - kinda worked, kinda didn't. But regardless, he's hot, he can dance, and he knows how to shake his assets.
Len: "three was terrific - wanted more Cha Cha content - Your bottom is the tops"
Bruno: "mercury is rising - dead sexy - but lost sync"
Carrie Ann: "sexy: check - but holding back just a bit"
Scores: 8, 8, 8
My score: 8

2) Tinashe / Brandon / Amy Purdy
Tango
I think this should have been a trio with another guy. Nothing against Amy, but there were too many times that Tinashe wasn't dancing, or wasn't enough in the spotlight. The routine put too much emphasis on Brandon. Tinashe should have been the focus, especially since they were in jeopardy last week.
Mea Culpa! I just realized I've been spelling Tinashe's name wrong this whole time! I'm so sorry! I'm a terrible recapper!
Bruno: "guilty of brilliance! Superb"
Carrie Ann: "innovative choreography - cohesive - You were a star in that routine" (mmm)
Len: "handled it brilliantly - well done"
Scores: 9, 8, 9
My score: 8

3) John / Emma / Joey Fatone
Argentine Tango
John and Joey as Greek gods...okay...
I thought John was a little shaky in the beginning, and again I felt there wasn't enough emphasis on him at first, but then the routine really came together. There was drama and passion and they all gave 100% and interacted well together. And Emma's half a dress - va va voom!
Carrie Ann: "started out rough, but then got special - went against type"
Len: "Greek tragedy in the beginning - then straight into the dance"
Bruno: "melodrama among the ruins - great job in spite of it all"
Scores: 7, 7, 7
My score: 8

4) Evanna / Keo / Scarlett Byrne
Salsa
In this case, even though the trio included another girl, Evanna was a bright light in this routine. This girl can dance! Scarlett was okay, a little rough in the beginning, but Evanna was confident and sassy throughout. She did not allow anyone to steal her spotlight. Great hips, and I was especially impressed with her posture and positioning in the complicated lift / spin. Awesome job Evanna!
Len: "nice Salsa content, polished performance, great routine"
Bruno: "saucy little spice girl - brighter, livelier, more confident"
Carrie Ann: "blown away, looked relaxed - just a little ahead of the music"
Scores: 8, 8, 8
My score: 9

5) DeMarcus / Lindsay / Rashad Jennings
Paso Doble
Team Pecs! :)
OMG, they DID NOT need to show his finger!! I was crying in the corner too (and more than slightly nauseous)
There was intensity, passion, and fire. I thought Lindsay was especially good in this routine, but she's the pro. I liked the interaction between the guys, although at times it looked too much like football practice to me - more scrimmage moves than dancing. But they went for it, and I appreciate that.
Bruno: "very hard to concentrate - clash of the Titans - loved the passion and aggression - but lost the artistry"
Carrie Ann: "showcased the physicality - but missed the shaping - You [DeMarcus] were trying to dance like Rashad"
Len: "got the guns, but lacked the ammunition"
Scores: 7, 7, 8
My score: 8

End of Part 1

librarianintx
 

No comments: