Wednesday, October 03, 2018

Dancing with the Stars Season 27 Vegas nite recap Part 1 10/2/18

A second full performance night on the second week of competition, Dancing with the Stars? Okay. Let's go!!

1) Juan Pablo & Cheryl
Foxtrot
They wanted the dance to be steamy, and indeed it was. He had a small issue getting her glove off in the beginning of the routine, but I don't think it affected him much. His dancing was light and airy; he doesn't look like a novice dancer. I really enjoy his partnering skills as well. He handles Cheryl well. And can I mention his ass in those tight trousers, and the open shirt? N-I-C-E!
Len: "no problemo - first class - but needed stronger frame and footwork"
Bruno: "opening big in Vegas - almost too hot to trot - retained top notch slickness and elegance" (poor Bruno was tongue-tied, likely due to aforementioned ass and chest)
Scores: 9, 8, 9
My score: 8

2) Milo & Witney
Tango
Awww, he's not old enough for Vegas!
I was worried that he couldn't handle a serious ballroom dance. But he can, and he did! He was all business, game face on, no adorable grin. He had a strong frame, and his partnering skills are ridiculously good for a kid his age. That end move, when he grabbed Witney and pulled her in - HOT!!
Bruno: "You two were on fire - focused, powerful, proper Tango - leading man
Carrie Ann: "I love my job! You have quite a range! This season is redonkulous!"
Len: "very clear and crisp, but your bum was sticking out - nice job though"
Scores: 9, 8, 9
My score: 8 (almost a 9)

3) Danelle & Artem
Quickstep
I think it was a great idea to show a simulation of what Danelle can and can't see. It showed the audience that she can't see much of anything - a small circle of  blurry light and shadows. That's it. And she's trying to dance. So of course I applaud her attempt. And I think she's mega courageous. And I am STILL judging her like everyone else. So...the one Quickstep pass that she danced in this routine seemed pretty okay. But that was all she did. The rest of the time she was being led around by troupe members, Donny Osmond, or Artem. I actually think the routine was rather insulting to her. She is an athlete. She can do physical activities. She and Artem need to figure out how she can dance on this show that is at least semi on par with the other contestants. Because she didn't do much dancing in this routine.
Carrie Ann: "first pass was fluid and graceful and elegant" (I think you mean *only* pass Carrie Ann)
Len: "took awhile to get started" (Definitely!)
Bruno: "lucky girl tonight - You enjoyed yourself"
Scores: 7, 6, 6
My score: 6 (based on the one pass that I saw her dance)

4) Alexis & Alan
Salsa
Sometimes the lights were so blinding that it was difficult to see them. But what I was able to see was awesome! Super sexy, cheeky, fun, with very exciting lifts and tricks. At times Alan was tossing her around like he was a Harlem Globetrotter and she was a basketball! They are crazy hot together. I found it ironic that this thin girl with the smokin' bod is dancing to a "big booty" lyric. Anyway, caliente routine! Why is this woman so insecure! She is beautiful and she can dance!
Len: "You went all in - You were working your assets!"
Bruno: "bootylicious and bendy"
Carrie Ann: "flexibility works both for and against you - great lines"
Scores: 8, 8, 8
My score: 9

5) John & Emma
Jive
The costumes were silly and the extra dancers irritated me. I'm getting cranky. John's partnering skills were solid, but the routine was light on Jive elements - only a few kicks and flicks, and they weren't stellar. It was a step back for him for me, but not a big step back. The crowd seemed to love it.
Bruno: "four Elvises! So much fun but you lost some Jive in the translation"
Carrie Ann: "You did Elvis proud, but watch your arms"
Len: "big challenge to do two dances"
Scores: 7, 6, 7
My score: 7

6) DeMarcus & Lindsay
Quickstep
I was impressed by the elements of this dance - partnering skills, frame, footwork, speed - and he looked like he was having fun! It was a solid Quickstep, and Quickstep is a tough dance.
Carrie Ann: "careful about your shoulders, moments of out-of-sync-ness"
Len: "arm and hand problems but I liked the dance"
Bruno: "still on a winning streak - dashing"
Scores: 8, 7, 8
My score: 8

End of Part 1

librarianintx




No comments: