Wednesday, October 03, 2018

Dancing with the Stars Season 27 Vegas Nite part 2 recap 10/2/18

7) Joe & Jenna
Jazz
I'm at a loss. What did he do in that routine? Was there any dancing? He sat at the bar. He helped Jenna off the bar. He walked around the dance floor. Two other dancers threw Jenna at him and he caught her. Then he sat back down at the bar. That was the routine. Did I miss actual dancing that he did?
Len: "held my interest, nice mood about it, good job"
Bruno: "good Jazz content - need to come out of your shell - have the courage of your intentions"
Carrie Ann: "you were proud of what you've done - off tempo but extending"
Scores: 6, 6, 6
My score: 5

8) Evanna & Keo
Jive
Song: "Heatwave"
Loads of Jive content in this routine! There is a height difference between Evanna and Keo, plus Keo is so fast that I felt Evanna was struggling to keep up at times. She also looked a little squatty at one point. But for the most part she did keep up with a very demanding Jive. Her energy and bounce were mostly good and I was pleased with her kicks and flicks.
Bruno: "cooked up a pretty tasty Jive - became feisty, alive, vivacious"
Carrie Ann: "you used every single ounce of movement - just be careful with your musicality - You were ahead of the music"
Len: "could have been a bit cleaner in places, but high energy, fast, and athletic - right on time"
Scores: 8, 8, 8
My score: 8

9) Bobby & Sharna
Quickstep
I am struggling with Vegas nite. I have loved Vegas nite / week in seasons past. But this episode has had too many gimmicks and not enough sizzle. This routine was way too much about the magic trick. Bobby's frame and legs were atrocious. He danced like he had a sack of potatoes in his pants (I was going to write something else - you're welcome) I'm just not feeling this one.
Carrie Ann: "very entertaining but tone it down"
Len: "Las Vegas vibe, plenty of entertainment"
Bruno: "fanatic gone manic - be gentle! Tone it down and refine"
Scores: 7, 6, 6
My score: 6

10) Nancy & Val
Paso Doble
Of course I didn't like the extra dancers. But I did like the fact that Nancy was the epicenter of the routine. I liked the drama and tension of the performance. The music complemented the dance rather than worked against it. I think Nancy's movements were big and bold. But I also think she lost her balance a few times. It was a brave attempt.
Len: "well done, full of attack and spirit, but lacked finesse at times"
Bruno: "kind of threw away the shapes but good attempt"
Carrie Ann: "held your own with four male professional dancers"
Scores: 7, 6, 7
My score: 7

11) Tinashe & Brandon
Cha Cha
They toned it down and danced a proper Cha Cha. No big lifts or tricks. It was solid but not as exciting as the New York routine. One thing I noticed was the chemistry was lacking between them in this dance. They each played to the audience, but not to each other as much. So it was still a great routine, but just a tad disappointing compared to the first two. This is Vegas nite and Britney and a Cha Cha. I was looking for some grinding, some dirty, some sexy. Also, their costumes made me think Prince more than Britney, because of the purple.
Bruno: "You got me under your spell, so tidy, so original"
Carrie Ann: "incredible musicality - You generate heat and energy"
Len: "another knock out performance - but a tad bit of sameness"
Scores: 9, 8, 9
My score: 8

12) Mary Lou & Sasha
Samba
Oh, those extra dancers were so annoying! Get out of the way!
It was a proper Samba, though not as down and dirty as a Samba should be. The steps were there, but the attitude not so much. They had nice runs and reverse turns. Some probably hated the yellow costumes, but I liked them. Considering her age and all of her past injuries and surgeries, I'm impressed by Mary Lou's speed, precision, and the joy on her face.
Carrie Ann: "nailed it at 50! Clean - you make it look fun and easy"
Len: "that was a proper, proper Samba - I love it - I wish everyone would just come out and dance" (Amen Len!)
Bruno: "party mood, perfect ending for a party night"
Scores: 8, 8, 8
My score: 8

In jeopardy:
John & Emma
Danelle & Artem

Danelle and Artem were eliminated. I'm glad she was on the show, and I hope she goes on to further success in future endeavors.

End of Part 2

librarianintx

No comments: