Wednesday, May 04, 2016

Ten things that make me happy

In an effort to promote resiliency and combat negativity, I'm listing ten things I do to feel happy, accomplished, successful:

1) Make time to read
2) Make time to journal / blog
3) Do something that I was nervous or scared to do
4) Practice mindfulness and gratefulness
5) Watch dancing / listen to music
6) Learn something new
7) Be organized
8) Eat a healthy meal and drink water
9) Spend time outdoors
10) Be in bed on time

Even when I'm having a bad day (like yesterday), if I can try to do at least a few of these, I will sometimes feel better about the day. Yesterday I wrote two blogs, finished a book I was reading, watched Dancing with the Stars from Monday, and at least tried to focus on mindfulness and gratefulness. And I was in bed early. So if I can concentrate on those five aspects and not on what went wrong yesterday, I will hopefully feel more positive about the day.

As always, a work in progress.

librarianintx

No comments: