Sunday, May 22, 2016

Survivor Season 32 Finale

I finally watched the Survivor finale. My one word review: "Meh."

Michelle was not my pick to win. But I honestly didn't have my heart set on anyone winning. Cydney, Tai, and Aubry all did more strategizing and blindsiding than Michelle did. But I do agree that Michelle came on strong at the end with the challenges, and the other three seemed to fade a bit.

Still, I'm surprised that Tai didn't get any votes. I feel bad for him, because more than anyone he went against his principles to lie and blindside. But I think he is feeling a lot of love from the fans, so that should help him deal with the emotional aftermath of being a Survivor contestant.

Hopefully Tai is comforted by the knowledge that he managed to keep a group of starving people from eating his beloved Mark the chicken. And thanks to superstar Sia, he is now $50,000 richer because of his respect and care for all living creatures. So uplifting to see goodness rewarded.

Even though this was not a great season to me, Survivor remains one of my favorite shows (despite Jeff Probst). I had wanted to write recaps, but I didn't have time unfortunately. Maybe next season.

librarianintx

No comments: