Tuesday, July 02, 2013

SYTYCD Season 15 July 2, 2013

Really, dance fans?
Alan, Makenzie, and Brittany in the bottom this week?
I am very surprised.

My predictions would have been Mariah, Carlos, Alexis, and Nico. After that, I didn't know. So I was correct on two of the six.

In my opinion, the two strongest solos were performed by the dancers who got cut: Brittany and Carlos. Then Brittany danced a great routine with Blu Print. Of course I loved it - the setting was a library! And Carlos and Mariah took my breath away with their Stacey Tookey contemporary number. Sometimes a dance can really change your opinion of a dancer - or a couple.

No way in hell that Alan belonged in the bottom. There must have been some anomoly in his phone line or something. Makenzie was wonderful in her Viennese Waltz last week. I'm shaking my head.

Okay, I must move on. It's hard every week when the dancers leave. Some weeks are tougher than others.

My faves from tonight:

Jasmine H. and Aaron did it again! Tabitha and Napoleon put together a great routine. I loved the unique moves, and these two have chemistry out the wazoo. This number reminded me of the "cornflakes" dance that TWitch and Sasha danced two years ago.

Jasmine M. and Alan's Tango:
WOW! Mary was right, passion and physicality ignited this dance. Jasmine's dress was amazing. The lifts were beyond amazing. I was breathless by the end of this one. Spectacular.

Amy and Fik-shun's hip hop:
Nappy Tab's was 2 for 2 tonight! This is the most fun routine I've seen on the show in awhile. The choreography was hitting, the song fit perfectly, and Amy and Fik-shun were so into it. Fik-shun was in his element, and Amy kept up with him just fine. I'm still annoyed with Nigel pimping them, but he's right: their winning personalities in combination with their dance skills should keep them in the competition for a long time.

I also agreed with Nigel on Jenna and Tucker's dance. I liked it, and I think Dimitry is a very good choreographer, but it didn't have enough cha cha in it. The choreographers should not be "dumbing down" the routines. And I don't think Jenna and Tucker needed that. Definitely Jenna didn't. She's a ballroom girl. I think Tucker could have handled the hip action of the cha cha. It was fun to see him go from Broadway geek last week to latin lothario this week.

My prediction for the bottom six next week?
I really have no idea!
But here goes: Jade, Nico, Curtis, Malece, Hayley, and Alexis.
I'm not saying they deserve to be! I'm just making a prediction.

librarianintx

No comments: