Wednesday, July 10, 2013

So You Think You Can Dance July 9th

Not happy with the results. Why is Alexis still in the competition? She's okay, but when it was a choice between Jasmine M., Jenna, and Alexis, I definitely would have sent Alexis home. But then again, I'm not a judge and I'm not a choreographer. And we all know how much Nigel loves his tappers.

Why were Jasmine M. and Jenna in the bottom three to begin with? What show are you watching, America? They are both fantastic! I know I shouldn't complain; I'm not voting. And I really like most of the girls this season, so it is a hard choice. But Jasmine M. gone...really? I can't stop thinking about that blindfolded routine. Sheer brilliance.

The dances last night were mostly just okay for me. It was nice to see some new choreographers on the show. My favorites were Amy and Fik-shun's paso, and Jenna and Tucker's jazzy hip hop. I love Jean-Marc Généreux's choreography, and I liked the Samba, even though Curtis struggled with it.

I just adore Fik-shun and Amy. They are rapidly becoming a super couple for me, a la Joshua and Katee, and Benji and Donyelle. Fik-shun reminds me of Joshua; I think he's going to be another street dancer that's good at everything. And I just love his personality. When he's listening to the post-dance critiques, his face is so expressive. He's got such a cute smile and his eyes twinkle. I think I have a little Fik-shun crush. :)

Jasmine H. and Aaron are another power couple. I enjoyed their routine as well. Jasmine is a definite contender to win it all. Her legs should be insured for a high price. I think Aaron is good, but Jasmine is better. She is the one who makes their duo so dynamic. If he makes it to the top 10, I don't know if he will do as well with a different partner. We shall see.

I was sorry to see Jade leave the competition. I think both he and Blu-print are equally good at animation, but I agree with the judges: Blu-print needs more personality when he performs. Jade has that personality. He has a very expressive face like Fik-shun. If Jade and Blu-print had been in the bottom three together, I would have voted out Blu-print.

Final comments: Paula Abdul didn't drive me crazy! She was a little spacey on her first critique, and I did get squeamish when she mauled Nigel (I guess she heard the accent and thought he was Simon.) But otherwise I thought her comments were on point and she was able to deliver them without stammering and acting like she was medicated. Erin Andrews was charming and funny. She reminded me of Christina Applegate.

librarianintx

No comments: