Saturday, January 28, 2023

The Twenty Healthiest Vegetables

These Are the 20 Healthiest Vegetables Of All Time, According to Registered Dietitians (yahoo.com)

Here's the list if you don't want to read the article:

avocado

broccoli

tomatoes

cauliflower

hot peppers

bell peppers

spinach

eggplant

peas

beets

carrots

sweet potatoes

brussel sprouts

onions

kale 

cabbage

leeks

jicama

spaghetti squash

celery

My thoughts:

hooray! 

I like a lot of these vegetables!

My favorites are avocado, tomatoes, broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, and peas.

I want to eat more onions, spinach and sweet potatoes.

I don't usually eat bell peppers, celery, spaghetti squash, leeks, cabbage, or eggplant, but I like them. 

I don't care for kale, beets or brussel sprouts but I have tried them. 

I don't like hot peppers. 

I've eaten jicama once - it doesn't have much of a taste, but it was okay. It reminded me of apple. 

I'm surprised that kale and spinach weren't higher on the list. 

Three vegetables that I eat frequently that didn't make the list: zucchini, yellow squash, and cucumber.

librarianintx


No comments: