Sunday, May 08, 2022

April 2022 Recap

My April was fantastic, definitely the best month I've had since the pandemic began. 

I had the opportunity to do rare things that not many people get to experience: I visited the Elephant Preserve in Fredericksburg, and did Goat Yoga at the Hill Country Galleria. Well, let me clarify: I petted goats at Goat Yoga. I didn't do any yoga. :) I also ate homemade peach ice cream at a place in Stonewall after hanging with the elephants, and we had lunch after Goat Yoga, where I consumed bison chili for the first time.

I also spent time with friends at the apartment, watching the Grammys, Drag Race Season 14, and Drag Race Espana Season 2. It has been so wonderful making memories with friends again. Because of watching the Grammys, I have been listening to newer music, enjoying albums from Jon Batiste, Duo Lipa, Silk Sonic, and Chris Stapleton. 

Speaking of making memories, I also was able to spend Passover and Easter with the family. We had a Seder on Saturday night, where I helped Isaac find the Afikomen. Then on Sunday Isaac hunted for Easter eggs and played with his new bubble mower. Unlike the Hill Country, Fulshear was awash in beautiful Spring wildflowers. 

In April I made two new dishes in the Instant Pot: creamy tomato pasta with turkey, peas, and mushrooms, and chicken alfredo pasta with peas and mushrooms. I also made IP pinto beans, and chocolate muffins in the oven.

I read two books in April: This is How It Always Is by Laurie Frankel, and the History of Kensington Palace by Tom Quinn.

Finally,  I got my second COVID booster on the last day of the month. I'm venturing out a bit, but not ready for concerts, in person conferences, or busy restaurants. 

librarianintx 

No comments: