Thursday, December 16, 2021

Week of Gratitude Day 4

Today, and every day, I am grateful for family and friends. The pandemic was a horrible time of physical separation and isolation, but I am grateful that we all endured, and I am beginning to spend time with people again. It is so meaningful to have conversations, laugh, and make memories with people I care about in person again.. For a year and three months I was only able to interact with most people by a phone or computer screen. At least we had technology to maintain connections. During the Spanish flu pandemic, people didn't have such luxury. I am very grateful that my friendships are ongoing, and my family is intact. Well, almost  I lost a very close friend who was family to me during the pandemic and that has been very difficult. As I go through the grief process, I try to focus on gratitude for the time we had together and the memories we made. No one ever leaves us. We carry them in our hearts and minds always.

librarianintx 

No comments: