Tuesday, December 14, 2021

Week of Gratitude Day 2

Now that I participated in the morning zoom gratitude session with our Employee Retirement System, I will share two reasons to be grateful today. 

First of all, I am grateful to Joe, the speaker, for sharing his powerful story of addiction and recovery. Joe's vulnerability, strength, and truth affected all of us. We are glad you are still here, Joe. 

What I was going to talk about was my gratitude for phone games. Weird thing to be grateful for? Maybe. But during this time of increased anxiety, I can concentrate on phone games more than reading or other hobbies that I enjoy. Certain phone games can get me into a flow state, which makes the anxiety disappear. My favorite games during this time has been Triple Tile (a matching game), Minesweeper, and a new one my roommate told me about: Block Puzzle. I also enjoy Boggle, Yahtzee, Mind Games, Lexathon, Brain Lab, and several word games. Oh, and I am FINALLY learning how to play Sudoku. The phone version of Sudoku is much better than the workbook I bought, because it lets you know right away when you have messed up, and you have the opportunity to correct your mistake. I have solved an easy phone Sudoku puzzle in as little as five minutes with no errors. I haven't been brave enough to try an intermediate level puzzle yet. I also enjoy Words with Friends.

librarianintx

No comments: