Wednesday, August 08, 2018

Thirty Day Writing Challenge: A Quote You Try to Live By

I don't just have one. I have four. :)

Two of them are about courage:
1) Courage is not the absence of fear, but the willingness to walk through it.
So true. Courageous people are not fearless. I believe everyone is afraid of something. Some fears are more debilitating than others. Some people have a better handle on their fears. They can compartmentalize them, succeed in spite of them. Courageous people feel the fear but do it anyway. And I think that is so empowering.

2) Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is that still, small voice at the end of the day, saying, "I will try again tomorrow."
I endeavor to live by this quote. Obviously some days are better than others. Life is that way for everyone. Some days I struggle more with my anxiety, fears, procrastination, lack of concentration and motivation, than other days. When I have what I consider to be a difficult / unsuccessful day, I try not to beat myself up and label myself a failure. I say, "Today was rough. I didn't accomplish what I wanted to. So hopefully I will do better tomorrow."

3) It gets better.
So succinct. So simple. Yet so incredibly powerful. It is so important to remember this quote when you're having a bad day, especially when you're having a really tough day, or multiple harsh days. Repeat to yourself, "It gets better." Because it always does get better. It might not happen right away, although many times it does. A bad day can turn itself around in a matter of minutes sometimes. Think positively. Don't dwell on the negative. Believe that your situation will improve. It will get better.

4) Make today so great that yesterday gets jealous.
I absolutely loved this when I saw it, and I adore it more every time I see it or write it myself. What a fantastic quote, and what a glorious idea to base your life on. Make each day better than the previous day: more fulfilled, more interesting, more fun, more exciting. Make life a wonderful experience, a grand achievement. Do what brings you joy. Never stop learning. Keep growing and accomplishing. Be kind and helpful to others. Never take anything for granted. Be healthy in mind, body, and spirit. Live your best life!

librarianintx

No comments: