Thursday, August 23, 2018

So You Think You Can Dance Season 15 Top 10 8/6/18

Since I'm so far behind I'm not going to a "proper" recap where I discuss every routine. I'll just say that I think the producers did a great job with the pairings this season. And I am THRILLED to have THREE ballroom dancers in the Top 10 this season: Jensen, Magda, and Cole.

I disagreed with the judges twice in this episode:

1) I didn't think Slavik and Genessy's hip hop routine was as amazing as the judges did. It was good, but I just wasn't blown away by it.

2) I didn't agree that Evan and Chelsea lacked chemistry in their jazz routine. While I didn't think it was the best performance of the night, it was solid, and I thought they sold it. I didn't see anything missing the way the judges did.

However, I did agree with the judges on Evan and Chelsea's tap routine. I thought it was boring, bland, and plodding. But I don't think that was their fault. I blame the choreography and the slow music. I think Evan and Chelsea did the best they could with a less than mediocre routine. They don't have any control over the choreography or the music. And I will readily admit that my bias is likely showing because tap is my least favorite dance genre.

To end this quick summary on an up note, I thoroughly enjoyed all the great choreographers that were showcased in this episode - Jean-Marc, Travis, Mandy, Val, Luther, etc.

librarianintx

No comments: