Tuesday, August 07, 2018

Thirty Day Writing Challenge: Bullet Your Entire Day

A typical work day for me:

  • Try to get up before my third alarm goes off for a second time at 5:50.
  • Shower and dress
  • Be outside to wait for my ride by 6:45. Check Facebook and e-mail, or read while I wait.
  • My morning commute varies between about 30 minutes and an hour and 45 minutes.
  • If I get to work early, I read, journal or blog.
  • During my break, I read, journal, or blog.
  • Wait for my ride between 2:30 - 2:45, unless I have to work late. My afternoon commute varies between 20 minutes and an hour and a half.
  • Some days I go to the grocery store after work, or have a doctor's appointment.
  • I try to lay out my clothes and get my food ready for the next day when I first get home. I listen to music or an audio book while I do my chores.
  • I snack a lot at work, but I don't take a lunch break, so I eat often during the afternoon and evening. Usually a big meal in the late afternoon (chili, spaghetti, beans with quinoa, and a vegetable), then a sweet snack around dinner time (low sugar cookies and milk), and a light meal in the mid-evening (cottage cheese and fruit, or a hard boiled egg, toast, and fruit)
  • I talk to my mom nearly every day. Usually we talk on the phone; sometimes we use an online video system like Skype or Duo. I write my nieces at least once a week and sometimes Duo with one of them, but that's usually on the weekends. 
  • I do various activities between getting home from work and going to bed: laundry, dishes, organizing, etc. Three to four days a week I have a caregiver who helps with shopping and laundry. When my roommate gets home we usually eat and watch a show or two. I watch a lot of television. I'm also trying to exercise: I use a pedal exerciser, and do arm and balance exercises. At least once a week I walk down to the mailbox.
  • Sometimes I have a few minutes to read before bed.  
  • Lights out between 10 - 10:45
librarianintx

No comments: