Monday, December 11, 2017

Word of the Day: Motivation

A new week, and a new theme for the blog: Word of the Day.

I know I won't have time for this every day.
But I'll write when I can.
And I'm still planning to resume the 30 Day Writing Challenge too.
I think I'll have more time when I'm on vacation.

Anyway...

The word of the day is motivation.
Ways I've been motivated so far today:
1) I pushed past my fatigue and immediately put in my earbuds when I got in the van. I listened to an audio book on the way to work. I didn't give up, even when the driver and other passengers were talking. I paused the audio book a few times and waited for them to finish their conversations. They didn't talk much today. The driver was concentrating on the traffic. And one of the passengers fell asleep fairly quickly. The other passenger didn't sing out loud as much as she often does, so I was able to concentrate. My morning commute lasted more than 90 minutes today.

2) It has been a successful work day so far. I have completed a number of requests and mailed about ten packets.

3) I have been eating and drinking consistently in an effort to combat the fatigue.

My goals for the rest of the day:
1) Put my earbuds in before I leave my desk so I can listen to the audio book while I'm waiting for my ride, and on the way home.

2) Make chili for dinner

3) Clean out / organize the bottom of the hall closet. It is a mess of paper bags, party bags, tissue paper, and wrapping paper. Part of my motivation is I'm looking for birthday wrapping paper. The other part is I just want to organize that stuff. If I know what I have and where it is, I'll be more likely to use it, not waste it, and not buy more, thinking I don't have what I need at home.

Fatigue, illness, anxiety, depression are impediments to motivation.
Motivation is a key component of success.
When you are motivated, success is more likely.

librarianintx

No comments: