Tuesday, November 14, 2017

Dancing with the Stars recap - Trio Nite - Part 2 - 11/6/17

Part 2: The Trios!

Terrell Owens / Cheryl / Kelly Monaco
Rumba
Someone call the fire department - that was hot!! Caliente! Cheryl is beautiful, Kelly is FINE, and Terrell is indeed sculpted. The costumes were gorgeous on all of them. It was a super sensual, sexy dance with crazy good hip action. A Rumba is hard to do with three dancers, but they managed - and managed quite competently. Did I mention that was a hot number? And Kelly, you definitely still have IT!
Len: "great job, it all came together"
Bruno: "You've got two lovely cherries on your Rumba cake!"
Carrie Ann: "not as challenging as it could have been for you, but very well performed"
My score: 9
Scores: 8, 8, 8

Drew Scott / Emma / Rashad Jennings
Cha Cha
I don't care how well or how badly Drew danced, that was a hella fun routine! James Brown can make anyone a dancer - well, kind of. I think Rashad under-danced so he didn't outshine Drew, because I knew Rashad and Emma could have torn that number up. But I enjoyed the three of them together, and I think Drew tried to be as funky as a tall, gangly, white man with questionable rhythm can manage. The big leap over Emma and Rashad by Drew was impressive. The enjoyment factor was high in this dance.
"Swagtastic!" Tom
Bruno: "glitzy, almost blinded me"
Carrie Ann: "Prince of Soul, You were getting down"
Len: "Everyone contributed to that performance"
My score: 9
Scores: 9, 8, 8

Victoria Arlen / Val / Laurie Hernandez
Jive
The dance started out a little slow, but then it kicked into high gear. Laurie did not under-dance, and I think she and Val overshadowed Victoria. It looked like she was struggling to keep up. She should have been the main attraction in that dance, but she wasn't. And the storyline didn't help - Laurie and Val acting as mentor to Victoria, showing her the ropes. It made Victoria look like less of a dancer. This was a poor decision by Val; it's his storyline and choreography. This was an unfortunate routine for Victoria.
Carrie Ann: "acting was the weakest - fell behind"
Len: "needed to be more sharp and clear"
Bruno: "needed more accuracy and precision in the legs"
My score: 8
Scores: 8, 8, 8

Lindsey Stirling / Mark / Kristy Yamaguchi
Jazz
Great routine! Very old Hollywood glamour. All three were evenly matched and danced very well. I can't say there were any spectacular moves in the dance that wowed me, but it was an entertaining routine that I thoroughly enjoyed. The choreography was well paired with the music.
Len: "that was terrific"
Bruno: "classic Hollywood movie star"
Carrie Ann: "pristine and perfect, synergy"
My score: 9
Scores: 10, 9, 9

Frankie Muniz / Witney / Alfonso Rivera
Jive
WOW! This is why I love the trio dances! Perfect dance! They were so in sync it was ridiculous! Lots of Jive content, awesome kicks and flicks, fantastic bounce - They killed it! Wonderful chemistry between the three of them. And Witney was smokin' hot in this number! Tremendous! Their timing was impeccable!
Bruno: "so well-balanced, perfect frame, great performance"
Carrie Ann: "nerves at times"
Len: "full of energy, content, fun"
My score: 10
Scores: 9, 9, 9

Jordan Fisher / Linsday / Corbin Bleu
Salsa
I could write the exact same critique that I did for the previous dance - totally in sync, lots of content, awesome chemistry - plus HOT, sexy, Salsa moves and fun, exciting tricks. This routine had everything I look for in both a Salsa and a trio dance. And I was pleased to see Jordan front and center for part of the dance. Jordan has just the right amount of confidence; he's not cocky. This routine was THE BOMB!
Carrie Ann: "amazeballs, triple fiery emoji!"
Len: "three is perfect"
Bruno: "phenomenal, two bodies, one soul" (I wrote two bodies in my notes, but did he say three?)
My score: 10
Scores: 10, 10, 10

I was sorry to see Terrell eliminated. It probably should have been Drew. I didn't think Terrell lived up to his own hype as a dancer, but he definitely improved along the way, and he absolutely became an enjoyable performer.

I'll miss his abs. I know I'm not the only one. :)

librarianintx

No comments: