Wednesday, November 08, 2017

Dancing with the Stars Recap - Trio Nite - Part 1 - 11/6/17

Trio Nite is one of my favorite nites of the season.
And what a fun idea to bring back former contestants for the trios!

Part I: Individual dances

Terrell Owens & Cheryl
Charleston
It is a fast dance. And I have to say, Terrell has become a good performer! He sold that dance! Big smile, great footwork, I liked the huge hop on to the table, and the giant leap off the table. And he had good partnering work with Cheryl. It was an entertaining and proper Charleston. Great job Terrell!
Len: "trip back to the 20's - no one has improved from week one more than you"
Bruno: "king of the couples club - captured the sense of style, time, and place - Your star is still rising"
Carrie Ann: "so well-toned - peaking at the right moment"
My score: 9
Scores: 9. 9. 9

Drew Scott & Emma
Waltz
The lighting was too bright at times, so it was hard to see him. It was also tough for me to critique Drew because Emma kept my attention during so much of the dance. Her moves were gorgeous. I think Drew did well overall - nice rise and fall, good partnering, mostly decent frame, but not perfect. It was a romantic dance, and their chemistry was evident. Overall a solid routine.
Bruno: "intense, romantic, but needed fluidity"
Carrie Ann: "bottom half of your body not keeping tempo"
Len: "frame was droopy, but I enjoyed the emotional journey"
My score: 8
Scores: 7, 7, 8

Victoria Arlen & Val
Argentine Tango
It seemed like a short routine, with some odd camera angles. Was it just me, or did the camera seem too far away at times? I also was nervous that she would have another spasm. Anyway, I thought she brought the sexy, but the dance could have been even sexier. At times I thought the music was a little too fast for the dance. And they didn't cover the floor. But it was overall good.
Carrie Ann: "you didn't feel comfortable"
Len: "clean and exact"
Bruno: "now you have to act the part, maintain the character through the dance"
My score: 8
Scores: 8, 8, 8

Lindsey Stirling & Mark
Samba
HOT. SEXY. FIERCE. Great musicality, as always. Great rhythm and bounce. The music and moves were like an African Jazz / Samba fusion. If I'm being honest, though, there could have been more Samba content, and that's why I'm not giving the dance a perfect score. But I enjoyed the intensity. Lindsey is in it to win it!
Len: "not as sure-footed, but full of rhythm and imagination"
Bruno: "like an untamed wild cat"
Carrie Ann: "loved the creativity, but you didn't look as sure"
My score: 9
Scores: 9, 8, 9

Frankie Muniz & Witney
Viennese Waltz
It was a proper, beautifully danced Viennese Waltz. The motions were there, the elements of the dance were there. What I didn't feel was emotion, a connection to the dance and to each other. The performance was devoid of chemistry for some reason. It felt like a Viennese Waltz by numbers, like a how-to guide. Move your arm this way. Touch her face here. But it all felt rather robotic too me. Strange.
Bruno: "so stylish, so elegant, but shoulders were rising"
Carrie Ann: "so close to perfection, but almost lost control of Witney"
Len: "far from perfection, no rise and fall, not enough in hold"
My score: 9
Scores: 9, 8, 9

Jordan Fisher & Lindsay
Quickstep
It's hard for me to critique this dance because I was having vertigo from all those moving circles. Oh goodness, Dancing with the Stars, don't do that to me again. I couldn't watch that routine again; it made me so dizzy. Could Jordan and Lindsay see all that? If so, how in the world were they able to dance with all that movement? All I can say is that it looked like a good Quickstep from what I could see.
Carrie Ann: "incredible, brilliant and sassy"
Len gave them a standing ovation. Jordan fell down. :)
Bruno: "technically the most demanding, intricate Quickstep I have ever seen done"
My score: 9 (not a fair score, but I have never failed to give a score on a dance. Evidently it was an amazing dance, but I have to be honest and give a score based on what I was able to see)
Scores: 10, 10, 10

End of Part 1

librarianintx

No comments: