Tuesday, March 21, 2017

DWTS Recap Nite 1 Part 2

Heather and Maks
Viennese Waltz
Yup, he's still arrogant.
This was a very fast Viennese Waltz. And it was a very strong Viennese Waltz. I thought her yellow dress looked beautiful on her, and they make a striking couple. Their technique was better than Nancy and Artem, but I preferred Nancy and Artem's dance. It had more artistry, more expression, more soul. It made me feel more than Heather and Mak's routine. I liked this, but my expectations were higher.
Carrie Ann: "beautiful lines, but you're hiding your personality"
Julianne: "grace and youthful exuberance"
Scores: 7, 7, 7, 7

David and Lindsay
Quickstep
He is the first baseball player on DWTS!
The song was cute and I liked the baseball theme. I love his personality, and I adore Lindsay, but this dance was just okay for me. The judges liked it more than I did. I don't have much to say about it. It was good, but not great. The theme is what made it memorable for me.
Carrie Ann: "one of my favorite dances"
Len: "not a home run, but you got to first base"
Scores: 7, 7, 7. 7

Erika and Gleb
Salsa
She's a singer in addition to being on the "Real Housewives".
That was a salsa? Um...okay. I didn't see a lot of salsa content. I also didn't see a lot of chemistry. It was over the top, and I'm not sure how popular this dance...or she...will be with the fans. I'm all for female empowerment and a strong, confident woman, but her personality is off-putting. I found it hard to root for her. There's confidence and then there's arrogance. She doesn't have an endearing personality.
Len: "flair and confidence but too raunchy"
Bruno: "caligula's palace"
Scores: 6, 6, 6, 6

Rasha and Emma
Cha Cha
There it is!
There's the DWTS performance that will be on repeat for me!
OMG, Emma might FINALLY have a contender!!
Hands down, this was the performance of the night, and most definitely the song of the night for me. I adore Bruno Mars, and that song is made to dance to! It was a super fun, sparkly, AND proper cha cha. I loved everything about it! Dance of the night for me!
Tom: "solid gold!" (Hell, yes!)
Julianne: "best dance of the night!" (Oh, yeah!)
Bruno: "revelation of the night - star quality" (Agreed, but he came across as surprised that his dance was so well-received. He was endearing, not arrogant. Take notes, Erika)
Carrie Ann: "you have our attention" (for sure!)
Of course Len had to be a wet blanket, but whatever.
Scores: 8, 7, 8, 8

Mr. T and Kym
Cha Cha
Um...there were a few seconds of cha cha in that number. The rest of the routine looked like a Mr. T workout video.
That was not dancing.
Period.
And there were extra dancers. Ugh!
Carrie Ann: "lots of mistakes"
Len: "T stands for tenacity and trying, but not technique"
Scores: 5, 5, 5, 5

Simone and Sasha
Tango
The song was fast, and so was the tango. It was crisp, tight, and they covered the floor rapidly. Technique-wise, it was the best dance of the night. Simone had a good frame, and definitely showed that she is a strong contender for the mirrorball trophy. She is a powerhouse, and without a doubt the two shortest dancers in the competition will be a dynamic duo.
Julianne: "the whole package"
Carrie Ann: "power couple"
Len: "dance of the night"
Scores: 8, 8, 8, 8

Final thoughts:
Overall, it was an enjoyable first night of the season, and I look forward to the weeks to come. There are some strong dancers this time, especially among the ladies, as I expected. My favorite three of the night, in order:
1) Rashad and Emma
2) Nancy and Artem
3) Simone and Sasha

librarianintx


No comments: