Thursday, October 22, 2015

My Earliest Memory

Day two of the thirty day writing challenge!

This will be a quick one. I feel like I've never had a good memory. I think most of my recollections stem from photographs more than actual memories. But I'll mention a few, whatever they are based on. The earliest are from when I was between three and four years old. There are pictures of me with the big stuffed brown teddy bear I received for Hanukkah. I named her Mathilda and dressed her in my old nightgowns. I remember the little wooden table I sat at in my room and listened to my record player. There are photographs of me when I was about three and a half, holding on to the coffee table in the living room, contemplating taking a step.

At three years old, I had long blondish-brown hair that I wore in adorable "pig tails" and Mom dressed me and my sister in matching clothes for years. I didn't get my first pair of glasses until I was four I think.  I like picture of myself when I was three years old or younger. When I was seven, my mom cut my hair super short because we were living in Corpus Christi, and the humidity made my hair tangled and unmanageable. I wore my hair short until I was nineteen. I hate many of the photos of me when I was growing up - very short, kinky hair, glasses, pudgy stomach, huge overbite, orthopedic shoes - sigh.

librarianintx

No comments: