Thursday, September 10, 2015

So You Think You Can Dance

Yawn.

I feel bad to write this, but I'm glad the season is almost over. I simply was not into the show this year, for multiple reasons. I miss Mary. I lamented the dearth of ballroom routines. I did not care for the "stage vs street" format. And most importantly, I found the choreography severely lacking this season. The dancers were good, and most of their personalities compelled you to root for them. But the routines were lackluster. There was not a single dance that made me want to watch it again. And usually I am all about downloading the routines from youtube and watching them over and over. Not this time.

I wasn't so bored that I stopped watching. But I didn't have a favorite this year. I favored the street dancers over stage. Once the two b boys left, I liked everyone else on the street side and hated for anyone to go home. I didn't dislike the stage dancers; I just felt the street dancers were more interesting and versatile. My favorite stage dancer is Jim, and I felt he was completely and utterly robbed of his place in the finale. My favorite street dancers are JaJa, Virgil, and JJ. Even though I don't have a favorite, I would like to see JaJa win the competition.

I like Jason Derulo a lot as a singer and dancer, but not so much as a judge on this show. I think he was trying too hard all season to prove he was knowledgeable about all kinds of dance. I would much rather see Adam Shankman as a permanent judge, or have more good guest judges like Jesse Tyler Ferguson and Christina Applegate. To end this on a positive note, at least Paula didn't annoy me like I expected she would.

librarianintx

No comments: