Thursday, September 24, 2015

Big Brother Finale

Yea Steve!
I am so happy he won!

Steve's success was a combination of skill and luck. That last HOH competition was SO hard! It was truly a guessing game, and Steve was fortunate that he guessed correctly one more time than Vanessa. I have to wonder about the answers some of the houseguests gave - were they truthful? Did Shelly really consider her HOH win more important than meeting Clay? I'm suspicious.

I firmly believe that if Steve had taken Vanessa to the final two, she would have beaten him. The jury clearly respected her game play and felt she deserved to be in the finals. Their questions showed that they were not big fans of either Liz's or Steve's games. I have a feeling it was Steve's nervous, rambling, but ultimately effective final address to the jury that earned him the win. And deservedly so, in my opinion. Yes, he had a slow start. But in the end he won key HOH's and he was responsible for sending both Julia and Vanessa to the jury. He played a decent social game, and he was in the Scamper Squad alliance, but he didn't have the protection of Austin that Liz had for most of the season. Liz had more than a showmance to keep her safe; she had a showmance AND a twin. And Vanessa also did a lot to protect Liz.

My favorite moment of the night, besides Steve winning, was Jason's spot on read of Vanessa. Go boy! You said it exactly right. Vanessa played the best game of the season, but I couldn't root for her, because she didn't own her game. She begged and apologized and cried and allowed herself to look unstable. She did not act like a poker player. Her strategy was effective, at least for most of the game, but it wasn't attractive, and I don't think it won her many fans. She got so much blood on her hands, and in the end she would up with nothing. I feel bad for her in a way, but definitely not in a monetary sense, since she bragged that she's made $4 million dollars as a poker player. There were so many people in the game this season that need the money more than her.

I had my fingers and toes crossed that Jason would win fan favorite. He made the top three, but James took home the $25,000 prize. I'm okay with that. I like James a lot too.

Even though this wasn't the best season in my opinion, I'm still feeling the post Big Brother blues. The show is such a time commitment, and I can get so invested in the people and so interested in the game play, that there is a letdown when we say goodbye to the house and its inhabitants. But the fall tv season has begun; there is no time to mourn a show!

Congrats again Steve!

librarianintx

No comments: