I have to travel with a heavy medical bag that is very difficult for me to manage by myself. I risk falling if I try to carry it, and I am already a fall risk. So when I travel I take paratransit or Uber to the meeting place. Then I ask the Hitch driver to put my bags in the car for me.
Yesterday, I texted the driver, and made my request.
Then I saw the dreaded word.
No.
Even though I knew it was a possibility, I was still flabbergasted to see it. I stared at the screen.
What he said and what I said is not the purpose of this post.
This post is about "My problem and how I solved it"
My solution: I went into the Starbucks (public meeting place) and explained my situation to one of the employees. It was frustrating and embarrassing, but I got what I needed.
The Starbucks employee carried my bags to the car and put them in the trunk. And his kindness and willingness to help was rewarded. He got the tip that I usually give the driver.
I hope this doesn't happen again. But resiliency is about being faced with a difficult situation and finding a solution. Getting through it.
I got through it.
librarianintx
No comments:
Post a Comment