Wednesday, March 15, 2023

"Be on Time Chronicles": The "Take Time to Smell the Flowers" Edition

I wish I had the option today.

It is an exceptionally abundant wildflower season so far, and we haven't reached the usual peak yet. 

Now, on my ride home especially, I see bluebonnets and other wildflowers - the pink and yellow ones - blanketing the sides of the freeways and side streets, even the lawns of schools, businesses, and homes. The colors are gorgeous and make me smile no matter what mood I'm in. 

I thought about asking the driver if we could pull over somewhere and take the obligatory "Texan in the wildflowers" photo. And by Texan, I mean adult, teenager, child, toddler, infant, dog, cat, heifer, steer, horse, pig - you name it, someone will sit it down in a field of bluebonnets and take a picture of it. Especially around Easter, you will see plenty of families pulled off on the side of the road, posing for phone photos or video to send to grandma and grandpa, or to post on social media. Bonus points if Fido or Fefe is there too, and if everyone is smiling and looking in the same direction. 

But anyway, I didn't ask, because I already knew the answer. Schedule! Gotta keep to the schedule! Plus all the liability issues.

Don't feel bad for me, Blogosphere. I have plans for a wildflower excursion soon. So today I just enjoyed the scenery. 

librarianintx

Free photo from the Internet

No comments: