Monday, March 13, 2023

"Be on Time Chronicles" - The Post-Oscar Hangover Edition

No, I didn't imbibe any alcohol during the Academy Awards - I just felt like I did when I woke up. My post-COVID body requires an absolute minimum eight hours of sleep - and I did not get that. Add the fact that it was a Monday, AND the first workday after the fresh hell known as the time change (Why the HELL is it SO DARK outside?!) and you get my morning. 

PLUS: newly dyed red hair makes the morning routine a bit longer (my secret is out.) 

Also: jeans first worn after a washing can be a bitch to button. Keepin' it real for y'all. 

How about one more delay? The Universe gave it to me. The zipper on my red jacket...would...not...move. Tug. Pull. Nada. Repeat.

But ha ha on you, Universe! This is when librarianintx sashays over to her FORTY PLUS collection of jackets. Red jacket zipper stuck? Simply grab ANOTHER red jacket! Psych! I have three!

Now the one I substituted is technically a sweater jacket, and is slightly dressier than the red jacket I ordered from Amazon in the boys department (I'm giving ALL the secrets today.) Still, I didn't think any of the twelve people I saw today would look at me, eyes wide and mouth agape, and utter, "Really...that sweater with.... jeans?!" I mean, c'mon. Florence Pugh wore a nude-colored gown with a slit wide enough to display her black booty shorts at the Oscars last night. Clearly my fashion, or lack thereof, is completely irrelevant. 

After all of that though, the Universe was kind for the rest of the day when it came to rides. NO waiting for either trip! In both cases, they were early and waiting for ME. I saw the morning ride as I was headed for jacket #2. The afternoon van was parked in front of the library as I raced out after peeing. The driver was not in the van - likely she was inside, also peeing. But I peed upstairs and she has to pee downstairs. TMI? #reality

The morning ride was completely full - two drivers (one in training) and four passengers. You don't see that very often. I didn't have to crawl into the far back seat, so I was relieved. (did you catch the pun? See paragraph above.)

All three young women we picked up were from the same group home. I initially panicked when one of them talked about how she was handling her pregnancy, but the driver was calm in her line of questioning - "What are you going to name him/her?", "What will he / she like to eat?" - so I relaxed into their world of fantasy. 

Sorry to end the post on a downer, but again - #reality. Entirely possible that she could be pregnant, but I don't think she is. Either way, none of my business, so I didn't ask. This is Texas, so I'll say "thoughts and prayers" - and mean it. 

librarianintx

No comments: