Saturday, March 11, 2023

"Be on Time Chronicles" - The Birthday Edition!

Since I've been going in to work an hour late post-COVID, I don't have to rush on the mornings I journey to the library. (Cue Irene Cara singing "What a Feeling")

At some point I'll have to see 6 am again. But for now, I get a nice shower, and the luxury to pee at least four times before I have to ride for who knows how long. 

I even had time for a wardrobe crisis. Does this jacket REALLY go with this shirt? Maybe this one is better? I held up the second jacket. Mmmm, I don't know. Dang. What color IS this shirt anyway? Pink-y? Lavendar-ish? Why did I choose this shirt?! Fine. Lavender jacket wins. That was the OG pick if you're wondering.

Since it was chilly outside, I decided to forgo looking pathetic and waiting at the curb like I'm supposed to. I despise waiting outside, dealing with the weather, sometimes ants and mosquitos, and watching people exercising, walking their dogs, and worst of all, getting in their cars and driving themselves wherever the hell they want to go. But this is the deal I have with Metro. "We'll waste your time for thirty minutes (or more) and THEN we'll give you a ride." That is in the manual!

How many people thought there was actually a manual for paratransit?

Anyhoo, not yesterday, dear Metro! Yesterday my time was not wasted. I used my thirty minute window wisely. I made my bed (SO nice to come home to a made bed). I wrote in my daily journal. I peed again. TMI? Get used to it.

Since this post is already too long, I won't go into detail on the rides to and from. Just a few phrases. New drivers. More on them later. Passenger making incessant noises. Non-new driver saying passenger's name to get him to stop. Successful for about 10 seconds each time. But I was serene. Cause it was my birthday.

And I knew I was coming home to a bed I had time to make.

Little things matter.

librarianintx 

No comments: