Tuesday, July 23, 2019

"Be on Time Chronicles" 7/23/19

My first time blogging a ride as it's happening.

I'm doing this to keep myself sane.

Non-Austin peeps, take a nap.
This won't make sense.

ATX in the house?
Okay.

I got picked up from the HEB at Parmer & I35. I always shop there. Because I live ONE mile from there.

We are heading east on Parmer. I tell the driver, "Oh that's my street" as he's passing it.

He says, "I have another pick up."

Okay, I think. That's happened before.
Ten minutes maybe.

A pick up, and then I'll go home.

Uh-huh.

Not even close.

The pick up was on Dessau.

We dropped the guy off at the Embassy Suites on 290!

Yeah, I know. Utterly ridiculous!

But wait, it gets better.

Their reasoning, such as it was, was made clear when the driver clarified where he was taking me.

HE WAS TAKING ME BACK TO WORK DOWNTOWN!!!

I'm going back to work?
With groceries?
At 5 in the afternoon?
After I told the driver that I live a mile from the grocery store?
Does this make sense to anyone?

I could not make this shit up if I tried.

I got picked up from HEB at 5:07 pm.

I will likely get home about 6:15.

Oh, and my pick up from work was 2:30. I arrived at HEB at 4:15.

Frustrating beyond belief.

Three and a half hours for a trip to the grocery store. Because of their mistake.
If the driver had told me where he was taking me I could have MAYBE kept myself from having to ride around for this past HOUR!

Maddening

librarianintx

No comments: