Tuesday, July 16, 2019

"Be on Time Chronicles" 7/16/19

Something interesting and helpful happened this morning.

My driver knocked on my door at 6:40. My ride window opens at 6:45. I was scurrying around as usual, packing my lunch bag, putting on my work badge and jacket, etc. I opened the door, expecting him to say he knew he was early but he wanted me to know that he was there whenever I was ready. But he said something different.

"The guy we are picking up goes to a place that doesn't open until 8 am. So how about if you come out at the end of your window - around 7:15. That way we won't have to sit and wait for the place to open."

Sweet! I thought I had five minutes to finish getting ready. Now I had THIRTY FIVE minutes to do whatever I wanted. I don't know that this has ever happened in the two plus decades that I have been riding Metro Access.

I could have read, or looked at Facebook, but I decided to get a few chores done. I got my laundry ready for this afternoon. I put yesterday's clean laundry away. I readied work attire for tomorrow and Thursday. I caught up on my daily journal. All things I won't have to do when I get home. I could have had time for a proper breakfast, but I didn't do that.

It was so nice of the driver to give me that extra time, and not make me wait in the van.

I still had a long ride. I didn't get to work until 8:20. But it felt good to get a few chores done, and not feel like I was sitting around wasting time because of a poor schedule.

librarianintx

No comments: