Thursday, July 25, 2019

"Be on Time Chronicles" 7/25/19

I don't want to give the impression that every Metro Access ride is terrible.

I tend to blog about the bad ones because they stand out.
They are upsetting, frustrating, often caused by poor scheduling and not through the fault of the driver.

Even when a ride is bad, I try to find some humor in the situation.

I haven't told the story of what happened last Thursday.

But before I do, I'll talk about this morning's ride.

I stumbled out to the van, barely ready and still feeling half asleep. I was also having allergy issues, and had to constantly wipe my eyes and nose (TMI?)

But the driver was so entertaining that I soon pepped up and was giggling most of the day to work.

I don't know if he was high on life, or had ingested a lot of coffee, but he was chattering away on a variety of topics.

Mainly he was talking about the possibility of life on other planets.
What the aliens might look like, and how they would react to humans.

We also talked about personal phobias - like heights - and shaking our heads at people who do crazy things like take selfies at the edge of cliffs and engage with wild animals and then have to run for their lives.

He told the story of encountering a bobcat (yes, a real one) when he was picking up a passenger at an apartment complex off of Far West Blvd. I have heard on the news about a bobcat in that area, so I believe he's telling the truth that he saw one, although parts of the tale have been embellished, as you will soon see.

Regardless, he was SO funny telling the story!
"I had a big ole' bobcat wrapping itself around my feet, and then a Bambi wandered up to me, and asked, "Yo, you know you got a bobcat hangin' 'round yo feet?"

He said, "If Metro wants me to quit, they will send me back to that address. 'Cause I ain't goin'. Maybe I'd go during daylight, when I can see what's comin' at me. But I ain't goin' at no six a.m. ever again. Uh-uh. No way. I value my life. They can find someone else to do that."

I enjoyed the ride, and it felt good to arrive at work in a better frame of mind than when I entered the vehicle. 

librarianintx

No comments: