Thursday, July 11, 2019

"Be on Time Chronicles" 7/11/19

It's something that happens to everyone at times in their life.
I'm very fortunate that I haven't faced this situation in years.

I overslept this morning.

My first alarm goes off at 5:40 a.m.
The second alarm is supposed to chime at 5:45.
I either didn't set the second alarm, or I somehow turned it off during the night.

I woke up at 6:13.
My ride window opens at 6:45.

So I had to assess the situation very quickly while still half asleep.
Do I try to make it?
Do I decide to take my time and pay for a ride share to work?
Do I say forget it and take the day off?

I chose to make a run for it.

Not showering was not an option.
I could not go to work with bed head and a bed body.
I took the quickest shower known to man, including an incredibly fast hair wash.

Thank goodness I had clothes and jewelry ready in the bathroom.
All I needed to do was find shoes.

I walked out the door at 6:45, feeling thankful and relatively put together.

The vehicle was parked outside.

Whew! I did it!
It wasn't a pleasant experience, but I'm glad I made it.

Hopefully this won't happen again for awhile.
But I survived it. 

librarianintx



No comments: