Thursday, April 04, 2019

"Be on Time Chronicles" 4/4/19

Every week night I get my clothes ready for the next work day.
Clothes, food, purse, phone case
Often I get everything ready more than one day in advance.
For example, on Sunday night I might get stuff ready for Monday, Tuesday, and sometimes even Wednesday, depending on my schedule.
Being organized is a key to whatever sanity I have.

I'm a matchy matchy girl. I like my clothes, shoes, purse, and phone case to match.
I have a lot of clothes that I like to mix and match.
And I often pair up clothes so I don't have to change my purse and phone case every day.
For example, one day I'll wear a brown shirt and brown sweater with blue pants. The next day I'll wear a blue shirt and blue sweater with brown pants. Then I can either carry a brown purse or a blue purse. A brown phone case or a blue phone case.

Last night I readied a pair of jeans, light brown shirt and brown sweater, with brown socks, shoes, purse, and phone case.
Ready to go

But at 6:36 this morning, I decide the weather is going to be too warm for that brown sweater.
That's a winter sweater.
It's going to be 85 today.
My blue jacket is a better idea.
It's more light weight
Why didn't I figure this out last night?!?!

So at 6:36 am I'm changing to blue socks and blue shoes.
Okay, done
All good

I place my food in my lunch bag.
Put on my work badge and zip up my blue jacket.
I'm ready.

Then I look at my brown phone case.
Ugh.
Yes, it goes with my shirt.
Kind of
But the blue case would look better.

I hurry to my room, grab the blue phone case.
Switch out the phone, credit cards, Metro Access pass and ID, a few dollars.
Very good
Completed, and my ride hasn't arrived yet.
Oh wait
I have a blue case with a brown screen background.
That won't do.
Unlock the phone, open the Zedge app,
You don't have time to peruse, just choose a blue background!
Okay, I found one.
Set background.

Yes, I really am this anal.

Then I look at my brown purse, packed and ready to go.
Should I change to the blue purse?
Do I have time?
What if I'm in the middle of switching and my ride arrives?

I decide the brown purse will look fine with the brown shirt and blue jacket.
Somehow I figure all this out remarkably calmly.
When my ride arrives around 6:55, I'm happy with my ensemble.
I grab my things and head for the door.
These last-minute changes are not something I want to do daily, but at least it worked out for today.

librarianintx

No comments: