Thursday, September 27, 2018

Big Brother Season 20 Finale - My Thoughts

What an exciting finish to this season of Big Brother!

Kaycee and Tyler battled in the final Head of Household competition. The winner was chosen by a tie-breaking question that required a number in seconds; whoever came closest without going over won. Kaycee won with a number that was THIRTEEN seconds from the answer! Amazing!

I doubt it would have mattered who won that last comp, however. I think Kaycee and Tyler were loyal to the end, which was so refreshing. I was SO relieved not to have JC in the finale. He should not have even been top 3. And I'm not talking about his game play. I'm talking about his creepy, predatory behavior that was witnessed by fans on the live feeds. CBS should have kicked him off the show long ago.

Anyway, the final vote was as close as you can get - Kaycee won by one vote! It was a nail biter of a finish! I am so excited for her! She played a great game! Tyler did too, and I'm glad he was rewarded with the fan favorite award. They both cried tears of joy, for themselves, their families and each other.

Three romances were revealed during the live show: We already knew about Tyler & Angela and Swaggy C & Bayleigh, but Haleigh & Faysal confirmed their relationship as well. Swaggy C's proposal to Bayleigh was shocking to say the least - how long were in the house together? Two weeks, right? I guess since the proposal at the Emmy's was so enjoyed and admired, we will see more of these live tv pronouncements of love. It was nice I guess, but I feel like it took attention away from Tyler and Kaycee during their big moment, plus the earlier evicted house guests got completely shafted. Their only screen time was taken up reacting to Swaggy's proposal, and then Kaycee's victory.

Thanks for a great season Big Brother! Congrats to Kaycee!

The jury is out on whether I'll have time to watch Celebrity Big Brother in the winter. I thought the first season was great although I was disappointed in who won.

librarianintx


No comments: