Wednesday, September 26, 2018

Dancing with the Stars Season 27 Results Show of Nite 1 9/25/18

Whew!
Thank goodness only five couples danced last night. That is a lot of pressure for these new contestants, knowing there was a possibility they may have to dance a second time in the first week. More stress than it is for me as an amateur recap-er. :)

There were six couples in the bottom, but John and Emma were declared safe, so they didn't have to perform. All of the couples danced new routines with new songs, but in the same style that they were given on Monday night.

1) Mary Lou and Sasha
What is she doing in the bottom? She was good on Monday night!
She was fierce in her video package, and she was fierce in the routine. At least more fierce than she was the previous night. She looked more determined. Definitely less cutesy. That competitive streak in her was clearly on display. Her moves were sharper. The song, "Hot Stuff" by Donna Summer is disco, but Mary Lou and Sasha danced a proper Cha Cha.
Len: "crisp, clean, right on time, well done"
Bruno: "back with a vengeance, that's how you deliver under pressure"
Carrie Ann: "danced like a champ"
Scores: 7, 7, 7
My score: 8

2) Danelle and Artem
I'm so sorry, but this second performance was worse. Artem didn't have her come down the stairs this time, but that change didn't help. She was hesitant, and especially in the beginning she did not seem to remember the steps. I understand that she is dancing at a disadvantage, and I applaud her courage and determination, but I also have to judge her like I do every other contestant on the show.
Bruno: "tried to use the floor more, taking on the challenge"
Carrie Ann: "you impressed me tonight"
Len: "Yours is the greatest challenge. You're an inspiration to America"
Scores: 6, 6, 6
My score: 5

3) Nikki and Gleb
She has no dance experience, and you can tell, although I still think there is potential. She came out with a surprising amount of attack and enthusiasm, and I thought we were going to see a much improved performance. Unfortunately all of that waned rather quickly, and we were left with another careful, tepid Salsa.
Carrie Ann: "I liked the overall presentation - but work on your arms - own it"
Len: "you controlled the dance - more verve and energy - an improvement"
Bruno: "attitude much better - but work on your hips"
Scores: 6, 6, 6
My score: 6

4) Alexis and Alan
What the heck is she doing in the bottom?!?!
She's right - Monday night was cutesy, and Tuesday night was more sexy.
Heck yes, it was more sexy! She has a rockin' body, and the dance and costume showed it off nicely.
I didn't see many kicks and flicks, but there were other recognizable Jive elements in the dance.
I thought she was quite good on Monday night, and even better on Tuesday night.
Len: "You are a terrific dancer"
Bruno: "clean, precise, strong, fantastic"
Carrie Ann: "I'm more impressed with you tonight"
Scores: 7, 8, 8
My score: 8

5) Nancy and Val
The costume and styling were somewhat better on Tuesday night. I liked the flapper style yellow dress, but I'm still not sure the cut was entirely flattering on her.
I thought this dance was slightly better than the one on Monday night, but I also thought she gave a mostly solid performance on the first night. She should be squarely middle-of-the-pack, not in jeopardy.
Bruno: "bright, lovely, vivacious, better body contact - You went for it!"
Carrie Ann: "you upped the game - harder choreography"
Len: "so together - you got the body contact"
Scores: 7, 7, 7
My score: 7

Elimination:
Nikki and Gleb
I'm not surprised. She struggled, and she is not a well-known personality. Then again, well known contestants like Mary Lou and Nancy were in the bottom as well.

I have to say, Dancing with the Stars Juniors looks like it's going to be great. I wish I had time to watch that too. Too bad they can't make that a summer show when I have a little more time to watch and recap.

librarianintx

No comments: