Monday, June 25, 2018

So You Think You Can Dance Season 15 Episode three 6/18/18

Here's a quick rundown of the auditions:

Emily Carr
The flexibility of the dancers this season is sickening!! She is also wonderful at interpreting the music.

Gabriel Alvarez
It was a captivating performance, but it looked more like an audition for Cirque du Soleil. I didn't see enough dancing, and I'm glad the judges felt the same. I agree with Twitch that Gabriel has charisma, and I hope he keeps working on his dancing.

Evan
Again, it's hard for me to get excited about tap. But he's obviously good at what he does. The judges loved his audition.

Rachel Blanchard
Her look is so intriguing - 80's throwback (I definitely see the "Baby"/Dirty Dancing resemblance).
But there needed to be more to her dancing. She was good but not spectacular. I understand why the judges put her through, but unless she really wows at the Academy, I don't see top 20 in her future - at least not this season.

Kyle Bennett Jr
I enjoyed the musicality and interpretation, but I wasn't as enthusiastic as the judges were on his audition.

Victoria Neukom
Again with the flexibility and control - oh my Jesus!
And shut up Nigel, I loved the gymnastic elements!

Gratsiela and Desislava Sandeva - twins from Bulgaria!
Gracie and Daisy - precious! - and much easier to spell and pronounce!
They are adorable, and their version of hip hop is entertaining, sexy, and would be accessible to a wider audience.
But I agree with the judges - the routine was not innovative enough.

Elan and Jordynn Lurie
Once again they saved the best for last in my opinion.
The tricks were so exciting!
The spins were so fast!
It was an awesome routine!
Okay, yeah, he had some trouble with the press lift, but whatever. He's a dancer, not a weight lifter! :)
The question is, will they be as memorable dancing with other partners?

librarianintx

No comments: