Monday, June 18, 2018

Thirty Day Writing Challenge: My Life in Seven Years

I honestly have no idea what my life will be like in seven years.
In a way I don't want to think of it, because I worry so much about the future.
I would hope that I would worry less as I got older, but that hasn't happened.

So I will say this:
A few hopes for the future:
I hope I'm still able to live independently.
I hope my health is at least stable, but I would prefer for it to be improved.
I hope I'm still working, and I would be very happy to still be employed at my current job.
I would like my financial situation to be better, but hopefully it's not worse.
I hope my family and friends are healthy and happy, and that I've been able to add to my social network.

I have dreams, but I don't have huge aspirations.
I don't think about being able to travel, but I wouldn't mind having the opportunity, if I could find someone willing to deal with my physical limitations and anxiety.
I still have a dream of writing a book some day. Maybe I'll get started on that in the next seven years. :)
I want to be even better at my job.

Here is what I hope most for the future. Not in seven years, but for the rest of my life:
I want to get into bed every night and know that I was my best self every single day. I want to end each day with the knowledge that I was productive and made good use of my time and didn't waste this life that I was given.
Every one should have their own definition of success, and that would be mine.
I want to do the best I can every day.
What I accomplish may not be revolutionary or newsworthy or important to anyone -
But I want it to be significant to me.
And I hope at least some of what I achieve is relevant and helpful to others.

"Make today so great that yesterday gets jealous."

librarianintx

No comments: