Monday, June 18, 2018

So You Think You Can Dance Season 15 Episode Two 6/11/18

Well, there's a new episode tonight, so I'm a week behind.
Nothing new for me.
Here's a few quick reflections on last week:

Tessa:
Her flexibility is RIDICULOUS!!
She has a great personality too.

Jay Jay
Wow, those spins were lightning fast!!
He's a terrific performer.
I'm not surprised he's been touring with Travis Wall's "Shaping Sounds."

Nathan & Courtland
I disagree with the judges on these two.
I would not have put either of them through, especially Courtland.
And I'm surprised they were put through, given their critiques.
The judges said their dancing wasn't original or memorable.
So why were they sent to the Academy?
I'm confused.

Hannahlei
She also has ridiculous flexibility and power.
I also love her smile.

CJ
I agreed with the judges here, as hard as it was to see him not go through.
I am so sorry for all he has endured.
But this is a dance competition.
And his dancing was not strong enough.
No one should go to the Academy because they have a sad story, or because the judges feel sorry for them.
The good news is, he's young.
He could improve, and try again, and I hope he does.
I want to see him succeed, and I know the judges do too.

Dustin
I love his hands!

Nicole and Benji
BENJI!!
West Coast Swing!!
YESSSSSS!!
Their tricks were absolutely mind blowing!
It was not typical West Coast Swing music, but it totally worked for me.
Yes, I am completely biased. Benji Swimmer was the reason I fell in love with "So You Think You Can Dance." Benji and Heidi and Donyelle.
Audition of the season so far for me.

librarianintx

No comments: