Friday, March 16, 2018

Thirty Day Writing Challenge: A Fruit You Dislike

This is an easy one.
No disrespect to the fruit itself, or to the people who relish it.
I cannot stand coconut.

Just the word makes me shudder.
It's in my top five most hated foods, sharing space with beets, liver, brussel sprouts, and stewed okra and tomatoes (fried okra is perfectly acceptable and I'm a big of fan of tomatoes, but not that slimy concoction that's created from combining the two)

I have never liked coconut, and at this point it's unlikely I ever will.
I would not make it as a contestant on Survivor, when about all you get to eat is coconut, white rice, and occasionally a morsel of fish, unless you win reward challenges.
Of course there are many other reasons why Survivor is not for me: running, diving, climbing, solving puzzles, sunburns, fear of storms, fear of bugs, sleeping outside, being on camera wearing a buff as a shirt / bra, no soap or toothpaste, blindsiding fellow tribe members, the list goes on and on.

I digress.

Coconut is good for you. The fruit is a nutritious source of fiber, vitamins, minerals, and amino acids. It has tons of calcium, potassium, and magnesium, as well as plenty of electrolytes. (I googled it). Plus for people who cut their own coconut (mainly Survivor contestants I would think) getting the shell open is quite a workout. So for people who consume it - good for you! You're eating healthy. I'll be getting my calcium, potassium, and fiber from other sources. And I'll be finding another way to get some exercise.

Now, for the next question:
Is coconut a fruit? 
I sure hope so. 
Otherwise this post was a waste of time, and I have to choose another fruit. 
I can't think of another fruit I dislike more than coconut. 
So hopefully I'm right. 

Back to Google I go!
Okay, I'm in luck!
A coconut is considered a fruit, a nut, and a seed. 
Works for me! 

Still not eating it. Ever.

librarianintx


No comments: