Monday, January 01, 2018

New Year's Resolutions from 2017

I looked back at my blog, and I didn't see any specific resolutions. But I know I had at least two. I set two goals: reading at least 24 books during the year (the equivalent of two per month), and writing at least 100 blog posts. I exceeded both of those goals. I read 28 books and I posted 117 blog entries! Yay! Meeting goals is satisfying and rewarding. But I want to do even more.

Here is a list of the books I read in 2017:
Glass
Fallout
The Danish Girl
Saving Alex
The Revised Fundamentals of Caregiving: A Novel
Burned
Letters to Oma
Fast Girl: A Life Spent Running from Mental Illness
Libertarians on the Prairie
Not Fade Away
Bette and Joan: Feud
Tampa
Dear Nobody: The True Story of Mary Rose
Smoke
Double Exposure
I Love You More
Friendswood (on audio)
The Weight of Zero
Hidden Girl: The True Story of a Modern-Day Child Slave
The Nine of Us
The Road to Character (on audio)
News of the World (on audio)
Strange Fruit
Hand Me Down: A Novel
Getting Life
Weekends at Bellvue (on audio)
My Name is Lucy Barton: A Novel (on audio)
Dwarf: A Memoir 

I liked most of what I read last year. I am still captivated by Ellen Hopkins, and plan to read more of her books in 2018. Glass and Fallout are from her Crank trilogy, and then I read Burned, and the sequel Smoke.

My favorite non-Ellen Hopkins book in 2017 was Hand Me Down: A Novel. I enjoyed Tampa very much, but warning, it is super smutty, and I feel dirty for liking it. :) Fast Girl was also very good. And I better stop there. Because I'm going to start listing every book again as one I liked.

I'm still learning how to listen and comprehend an audio book. I don't read as well by ear as I do by eye. But I'm trying to learn so I can read more on my long commutes and while I'm waiting at the grocery store, doctor appointments, etc. Weekends at Bellvue was my most successful audio book endeavor this past year.

librarianintx

No comments: