Monday, January 01, 2018

Accomplishments from 2017

I didn't travel the world, or have a book published, or anything big like that. I didn't make a lot of money or win the lottery. But I'm happy with what I was able to accomplish this year. Here are a few of what I consider to be the highlights of 2017:

I made my goal of at least 100 transactions every month at work, and two months of the year were very successful, where I exceeded 300 transactions twice! I also attended the first of five transportation conferences, assisted with public awareness events, participated in two webinars, and helped celebrate Read Across America week by visiting a local elementary school with a co-worker who read a Dr Seuss book in Braille to two classes.

I met two authors in 2017: Ellen Hopkins and Lizzie Velasquez. I also attended the Texas Book Festival, although all the walking prevented me from doing as much as I would have liked to do there.

I attended two concerts: Phillip Phillips and Lady Gaga. The first one is significant because it is the first time I went to a concert by myself. The second one is important because it's GAGA! :)

I also saw "Dancing with the Stars" and Kathy Griffin.

When it comes to independence, big and small, I peeled a cucumber and cut an avocado by myself. I also took a ride share a few times. I'm still learning to feel comfortable getting into strangers' vehicles.

I went to Fiesta Texas, the San Antonio Museum of Art, and finally had the opportunity to take a ride through the Texas Hill Country and take pictures in the wildflowers.

In 2017 I learned to like falafel, black olives, and cashews.

In social endeavors, I attended the Austin Blogathon conference, and a political postcard-writing happy hour.

In February of 2017 I started a Valentine card project at work. Me and my co-workers created 60+ Valentine cards that were delivered to kids at a local hospital.

Here's to more accomplishments in 2018!

librarianintx


No comments: