Thursday, January 18, 2018

Quote from "Be Good to Yourself" 2018 calendar

"Your mind is a garden. Your thoughts are the seeds. You can choose to grow flowers or you can grow weeds."
Anonymous

I love everything about this quote. First of all, I love the lyrical quality, the flow of the words. And even more, I love the sentiment. It is so true. Your thoughts have a huge effect on your emotions and a big influence on how you live your life. You have a choice in how you exist in this world: bitter, angry, and resentful, or hopeful, mindful, and resilient. What happens to you in life isn't always your decision or in your plan, but how you allow each situation to affect you IS YOUR CHOICE. Bottom line.

This morning was cold. I'm already tired. I struggled to get ready, be on time, get my coat on, pull myself into the van, etc. But I'm not focusing on that. I mention it, but simply by way of explanation. Because I'm happy to be well enough to be out of bed. I'm honored to have a job that fulfills me. I'm grateful to be in a warm, clean environment, at work and at home. I'm comforted to know I have enough money, strength, and health to take care of myself and make my own way. I have the resilience to understand that I will not only make it through this day, but also make the most of this day, and achieve at least some level of success and productivity. I don't know what will happen tomorrow. My mind always tries to take me there, to worry about the future, obsess over the "what if's." But I try to gently redirect it. Not with frustration and scorn and ridicule, but with hope, mindfulness, and at least a little faith and belief in myself.

I will make it a GOOD day.
I hope you do as well. 

librarianintx


No comments: